Friday, September 28, 2012

Marriage License Filed

Thank goodness it didn't take us forever to file. I love my town San Pedro. It has not given me a reason to hate it. Everything went smoothly. 

We filed our application last Sept 24, 2012. We decided to attend the seminar before we submit our documents at the municipal hall.

We arrived at the old municipal hall at around 8am. To my shock, it turned out to be an evacuation center na and I kind of wondered if the seminar was really being held there. But yes, somewhere inside the old bldg., the health dept. still stood there. So we waited for half an hour before the seminar started. I actually thought it would be a boring 3 hour seminar, but nope, it was fun and we learned a lot about marriage and family planning.

Next up, with all the documents in our hands, we headed to the new municipal hall. Wow! Ang ganda! Parang hotel. Hahaha. But seriously, it's the best looking municipal/city hall I've ever seen. Good job to the people responsible for that!

Diba, ang ganda? (Photo's not mine actually)


So we lined up to submit the requirements, they checked and asked me where my parents were. My mom was the one to sign the advice since I'm 24 and I needed that. Kim naman brought the parental advice he and his dad got from Caloocan city hall. It's allowed naman to get the other advice from a different city/municipal hall just as long as your parents/parent will be personally present and then bring the advice form to where you will file the license. After checking our documents, they gave us the form to fill up. 20 mins later, my mom came to personally sign the application. It also has a charge of P650 for the processing of your license. We paid and waited to be called inside for the interview(I think) but we never had one. The lady who signed last said she didn't have a voice so she just validated the information written and signed. Voila! It's done. We will pick up our license on Oct 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment